The Benefits of Modern White Walls and Grey Trim
The benefits of having modern white walls and grey trim are many. White walls make a space feel bigger, brighter, and more open. They also give the illusion of more height, which can be especially useful in small rooms. Grey trim provides a nice contrast to white walls and can help to create a more modern look. It can also help to hide imperfections in the walls and make them look more smooth.
How to Achieve the Perfect Look
Achieving the perfect look in your home can be a challenge, but with the right color scheme and design elements, it is definitely achievable! When it comes to choosing colors, white walls with grey trim is a classic and chic combination that always looks fresh and modern. If you want to add a pop of color, consider using accent pieces in a bold hue like yellow or orange. To complete the look, select furnishings and decor that compliment the overall aesthetic. For example, a sleek coffee table or rug with geometric patterns would be a great choice.
The Top 5 Paint Colors for White Walls and Grey Trim
White walls and grey trim is a popular color combination for modern homes. The clean look of white walls paired with the sophistication of grey trim creates a stylish and elegant look. Here are the top 5 paint colors for white walls and grey trim:
1. Benjamin Moore White Dove: This is a popular choice for white walls and grey trim. It is a soft white with a hint of grey that gives it a modern look.
2. Benjamin Moore Decorator’s White: This is another popular choice for white walls and grey trim. It is a bright white with a slight hint of blue that gives it a clean look.
3. Sherwin-Williams Pure White: This is a bright white with a slight hint of grey. It is a popular choice for white walls and grey trim because it has a clean and modern look.
4. Behr Ultra Pure White: This is a pure white with no hints of other colors. It is a popular choice for white walls and grey trim because it is a clean and simple color.
5. Valspar Swiss Coffee: This is a light brown color with a hint of grey. It is a popular choice for white walls and grey trim because it has a warm and inviting look.
The Top 3 Tips for Getting the Perfect Finish
It’s no secret that the key to a perfect finish is all in the prep work. Whether you’re painting walls, trim, or both, taking the time to properly prep the surface beforehand is crucial to getting a professional-looking finish. Here are our top three tips for getting the perfect finish:
1. Start with a clean slate.
The first step to prepping for paint is to make sure the surface is clean. Any dirt, dust, or grease will show through the paint, so it’s important to remove any buildup before you start painting. You can use a mild detergent and a sponge to clean walls, or a degreaser for particularly greasy areas.
2. Sand, sand, sand.
Once the surface is clean, it’s time to start sanding. This step is important for two reasons: first, it will help to create a smooth surface for the paint to adhere to; and second, it will help to remove any existing paint that might be peeling or flaking. If you’re painting over a previously painted surface, be sure to use a fine-grit sandpaper to avoid damaging the surface.
3. Prime before you paint.
Applying a primer before painting is always a good idea, but it’s particularly important when painting over a dark color or a glossy surface. Primer provides a barrier between the paint and the surface, and it helps to ensure even coverage. We recommend using a water-based primer for best results.